Canara Bank invites On-line Applications, from the eligible candidates to apply for admissions to the specially designed one year training course leading to Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) either through Manipal Global Education Services, Bangalore or NITTE Education International, Mangalore, which are recognised by UGC.
1. Important Dates:
• Opening Date for Online Registration and Payment Fee / Intimation Charges – 9th January 2018
• Closing Date for Online Registration and Payment Fee / Intimation Charges – 31st January 2018
• Download of call letter for online test (tentative) – After 20th Febraury 2018
• Date of online test (tentative) – 04th March 2018
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance –
• The course comprises of 9 months of classroom studies and 3 months internship at Canara Bank’s Branches / Offices.
• This one year full-time PGDBF course will be conducted either at Manipal Global Education Services, Bangalore campus or NITTE Education International, Mangalore campus.
• The programme is fully residential during 9 months classroom studies and the selected candidates should necessarily stay in the campus.
3. Student Selection:
• Candidates will be selected for admission to the course at either of the above two institutes through selection process consisting of online objective test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
• On successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with “Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF)” from that institute and the candidates would be offered appointment in the Bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
4. Educational Qualification (as on 01st January 2018):
• A Degree (Graduation) with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWBD) or equivalent grade, in any discipline from a University recognised by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
• All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University / Institution / Board recognised by Government of India / approved by Government Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 01.01.2018.
5. Age Criteria :
• Minimum – 20 Years & Maximum – 30 years i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02nd January 1988 and not later than 01st January 1998 (both days inclusive)
6. Number of Student Intake:
SC – 67
OBC – 121
ST – 35
General – 227
Total – 450
7. Candidate Profile:
• Computer Literacy: Operating & working knowledge in computer systems shall be an essential qualification, which a candidate must either possess or acquire within 6 months from the date of joining the Bank.
• Hindi Knowledge: The candidates shall acquire working knowledge in Hindi, if not possessed already, before completion of probationary period.
8. How to Apply:
• Eligible candidates can apply On-line through link given in our Bank’s website
• No other means / mode of Application will be accepted.
• Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application.
• Where CGPA is awarded, the same should be converted in to percentage and indicate the same in online application.
9. Application Fee & Intimation Charges (Non Refundable):
– For SC/ST/PWBD : Rs.118/- [Intimation Charges only includes GST @18%]
– All Others : Rs.708/- [includes GST @18%]
10. Institutes & Course Fee:
i. Name of The Institute: M/s Manipal Global Education Services, Bangalore campus
• Course Fee Per Candidate: Course Fee – Rs.350000.00 + applicable Taxes (presently GST @ 18% : Rs.63000.00), Total Course Fee: Rs.413000.00
ii. Name of The Institute: M/s NITTE Education International, Mangalore campus
• Course Fee – Rs.300000.00 + applicable Taxes (presently GST @ 18% : Rs.54000.00), Total Course Fee: Rs.354000.00
11. Payment Terms:
• Candidate can pay the entire course fee in one lumpsum or in 2 instalments (50% of course fee before commencement of the course and the balance 50% fees after two months but before the end of third month of commencement of course)
• The selected candidates have the option to pay the course fee from their own sources or by availing Educational Loan from the Bank subject to eligibility as per the prevailing scheme guidelines as to loan quantum, margin, security, documentation, Rate Of Interest, repayment etc.
• Basing on the outcome of the CIBIL report of the selected candidates and his/her parent, candidate’s eligibility for Educational Loan will be decided.
• Apart from the above, examination fees for undergoing various Certification examinations as mandated under the course will have to be borne by the candidates.
• Expenses for Laptop for undergoing the course, if essential for the candidate, have to be borne by the candidate.
• The fees paid by the candidate is not refundable and loan if any availed for the same from the Bank, shall be cleared by the candidate in full with upto date interest along with other charges, if any.
12. Agreement / Security Bond:
• The selected candidates at the time of joining the course have to execute an Agreement / Security Bond to serve the Bank for a minimum period of Five (5) years from the date of joining the Bank as Probationary Officer upon successful completion of the PGDBF course.
• In the event of candidate abandoning, absconding or resigning the services of the Bank before completion of five years, he/she shall be liable to compensate the Bank with an amount of Rs.100000.00 (Rupees One lakh only] + applicable taxes.
• Also in such event, in case the candidate has availed Educational Loan from the Bank towards payment of Course Fee, the same has to be repaid fully with upto date interest.
13. Salary & Emoluments After Joining The Bank on Successful completion of PGDBFCourse:
• Scale Salary & Emoluments: JMGS-I ` 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020
• Dearness Allowance, HRA, CCA, Medical Aid, Leave Fare Concession etc. and Perquisites like Conveyance, Quarters, Furniture etc., depending on the place of posting shall be paid as per rules.
14. Probationary Period:
• On successful completion of PGDBF course, candidates joining the Bank as Probationary Officer in JMGS-I will be on probationary period for a period of 2 years from the date of joining the Bank.
15. Incentives to Candidates:
• On successful completion of various Certification courses by the candidate which are approved by the Bank during the course of the programme, Bank may consider reimbursement of such fees and also payment of incentives after joining the Bank.
16. Loyalty Bonus:
• Bank will reimburse the total course fees to the successful candidates by way of Loyalty Bonus, in a deferred manner in equal annual instalments, starting from the end of 5th year upto the end of 10th year of joining the Bank subject to continuation of service in the Bank. If candidate has availed education loan towards payment of Course Fees, payment of loyalty bonus as above is subject to educational loan being regular.
17. Selection Procedure:
• The selection shall be by way of Online Objective Test + Group Discussion + Interview.
• Online objective test will be conducted through Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), Mumbai.
• After completing the procedure of applying on-line including payment of fees / intimation charges, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference.
The online objective test pattern is mentioned below:-
Subject Medium of examination No. of Questions Marks
Reasoning English &Hindi 50 50
Quantitative Aptitude English &Hindi 50 50
English Language English 50 50
General Awareness English &Hindi 50 50
Total (Total Weighted Score) 200 200
18. Call Letters:
• The candidates who score the requisite cut-off marks stipulated in the online test will only be called for the Group Discussion and Interview and their details and schedule for Group Discussion and Interview will be made available in Bank’s website.
• All the communications viz. download of call letters for Group Discussion/ Interview etc., will be sent only to the registered e-mail ID given by the candidate.
• The call letter for Group Discussion and Interview can be downloaded from the Bank’s website.
• Candidates are requested to keep track of their application status by visiting Bank’s website as well as checking their registered e-mail account from time to time till the subject recruitment process is completed.
19. Documents required for GD & Interview:
• If Candidates shortlisted for Group Discussion and Interview, at the time of Group Discussion and Interview, candidates will have to submit the print out of application along with other documents / certificates as mentioned below:
• Print-out of on-line application, GD and Interview Call Letter, Proof of Date of Birth along with proof of certificate for applicable age relaxation, if any, Certificates and Mark lists of SSC / SSLC / X Std., 10+2 / PUC / Intermediate, Graduation, Post Graduation etc.
• Caste Certificate, in case of SC/ST/OBC category candidates & Disability Certificate, in case of PWBD candidates, Experience Certificate, if any, Identity proof, Any other relevant documents in support of candidature.
• When called for GD and Interview, candidates have to bring the originals of the above documents along with self attested copies of the documents, for verification.
• Candidates will not be allowed to take up GD and Interview without production of original & copies of the documents as above.
20. General Information:
• Candidates will have to appear for the Online Test, Group Discussion and interview at their own expenses.
• The selected candidates may have to join the course within one month (tentatively) of receiving the offer letter for admission to the course.
• Candidates willing to serve anywhere in India only should apply for the subject selection process.
• The process of Registration of application is complete only when fee is deposited with the Bank through On-line mode on or before the last date for fee payment.
• Before applying, candidates are requested to ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the post as on the cut-off date.
• Candidates are advised to check Bank’s website for details and updates.
Latest posts by Seema (see all)
- Citibank Jobs 2018 – Account Opening Officer - January 17, 2018
- State Bank of India Recruitment 2018 – Specialist Cadre Officers - January 15, 2018
- HSBC Bank Jobs 2018 – Corporate Relationship Support Manager - January 14, 2018
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Recruitment 2018 – Research Associate / Research Associate Technical - January 14, 2018
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Recruitment 2018 – Head Administration (On Contract) - January 13, 2018