As IBPS is about to declare the PO – III results in coming month, we can expect the next PO notification to be out by May / June. Candidates who aspire to become Bank PO basically have to take up IBPS PO entrance exam (Joint Entrance exam for all Public Banks except SBI). As notifications are usually out just three months before these exams, its high time aspiring POs should pull up their socks for preparation. First thing that comes in mind of a candidate is the preparation material. In market so many books are available, each claiming to be the best. Also these days various online portals have started selling their study material that has again created more ambiguity in the minds of a reader. Before discussing the Best Books for PO Exams let us first see the different sections tested in IBPS PO written Exams.
Sections in IBPS Exam
1. Reasoning (High – Level)
2. Quantitative Aptitude
3. General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry)
4. English (Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar)
5. Computer Knowledge
Books For IBPS / Bank PO Preparation
Let us know discuss various Books which you can refer for written examination preparation. This exam has sectional cut-off thus to qualify all the sections tested , it becomes mandatory to pay proper emphasis on each section.
1.Reasoning – It has been one of the trickiest section in IBPS Exam.But for this section the most comprehensive and best book in market is undoubtedly – A Modern approach to Verbal and Non -Verbal Reasoning- By R.S Aggarwal.
2. Quantitative Aptitude – It is probably the toughest section in IBPS PO exams . Useful Books for this section –
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination – By R.S Aggarwal
- Quicker Mathematics – By M Tyra
3. English –
Vocabulary & Reading Comprehension
For building vocabulary & mastering reading comprehension Section one must daily read English Newspaper preferably- The HINDU. If not, then TIMES OF INDIA can also be read.
For polishing Grammar Wren and Martin -High School English Grammar & Composition Revised Edition is the Best Choice.
4. Computers – MCQs Multiple Choice Questions on Computer Fundamental By Dr Alok Kumar
5. General Awareness – Self made notes Banking Awareness are most suitable for this Section . Few books which can be used as reference books are
- Monthly Magazine ( Pratiyogita Darpan or BSC)
- Money Banking and Finance – By N.K Sinha ( BSC Publication)
- General Banking and Economic Awareness Awareness by Kiran Prakashan
Latest posts by khushboo (see all)
- SBI PO 2014 Online Exam – Preparation Tips - May 3, 2014
- Cracking SBI PO 2014 – Self Preparation vs Joining Coaching Classes - April 23, 2014
- How to Prepare for Descriptive Test in SBI PO - April 18, 2014
- How To Prepare For General Awareness For Bank Exams – SBI PO / IBPS PO - April 18, 2014
- 10 Most Common Bank Clerk Interview Questions And Answers - April 3, 2014