Institute of Banking Personnel Selection declared the provisional allotment in banks for candidates who had appeared for the interview and cleared successfully. 21680 Probationary Officers jobs are filled in 21 Public Sector undertakings for the year 2014 – 15 with Canara Bank topping the list with 3500 posts.
IBPS has kept a few candidates in a new category called ‘Reserve List’ which has been added to this results. Reserve list is kind of a waiting list for candidates incase there are more vacancies by the participating organization during April 2014-15.
If you are in Reserve List
Possibility of candidates getting an allotment in 2nd list – Though there is no guarantee that banks will come up with next round of hiring but there is a high possibility.
Under the following situations candidates in reserve list stand a chance
1) Fresh vacancies created by banks during 2014 – 2015 (High Possibility)
2) A selected candidate chooses to reject the appointment offer (Low Possibility)
3) If a selected candidate is unable to provide the required documents required by the bank, then his/ her offer would be cancelled. (Medium Possibility)
Neither Provisional Allotment Nor Reserve List
If you have not been allotted a bank and your score does not fall in the Reserve list, it clearly means that you have been unsuccessful this time.
Accept it, but don’t lose hope, you can start preparing for the Next IBPS Exam for which the notification will be released in May / June 2014 & the exam would be held in September / October 2014 (Tentative) . So you have almost 6 months time to prepare for the exam, utilize it properly. The good thing to learn is that you already have experience in appearing for the online exam and know you areas of improvement, so you can focus on those this time.
Myths about Rejection in IBPS Interview
I was reading through a lot of blogs and forums where candidates and authors are pointing fingers at IBPS, they feel that candidates with high score were rejected during interview. Stop doing it.
There may be a lot of reasons why you were rejected in an interview which you may not know, realise or recollect.
Myth 1) Some feel that the interview was just for 5 – 10 minutes where only personal questions were asked but still rejected.
Remember the interview is aware of your aptitude by seeing your scorecard, all he wants to see is your attitude for which 10 minutes is a lot of time.
Myth 2) Many candidates feel that since they did not know local language, they were rejected.
This is not possible, since knowledge of of local language was never an eligibility criteria.
Myth 3) Candidates from Metro cities like Mumbai were selected by from smaller cities were rejected.
People from Metro cities like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore etc may have better communication skills, so they be selected. Therefore try to improve your communication skills for next interview.
We will soon add a few articles about tips on how to prepare for IBPS Interviews.
Latest posts by Aparna (see all)
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank Recruitment 2014 – Probationary Officer - October 30, 2014
- BNP Paribas Jobs 2014 – Associate Freshers (Marketing & Financing Services) - October 30, 2014
- Axis Bank Limited Careers 2014 – Gold Loan Officer Operations - October 30, 2014
- DCB Bank Jobs 2014 – Relationship Manager Mortgages - October 30, 2014
- CRISIL Careers 2014 – Associate (Graduates / Freshers) - October 30, 2014